Smartbite Banana Bread - nourishing and delicious!
As the school term is approaching, it’s good to get back on track with cooking healthy snacks for our kids. Wholesome snacks such as the Smartbite Banana Bread not only gives them long lasting energy (low GI), it also gives them plenty of other nutrition as well to supercharge their insides!
Let’s chat about the ingredients for a sec, and what they provide nutritionally…… The egg’s provide valuable iron, omega’s, choline, lutein and folate, the wholemeal flour provides valuable fibre (prebiotics) and B group vitamins together with other minerals including iron, zinc and magnesium. The other ingredients such as milk, cinnamon and coconut also bring their own special blend of nutrients.
2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
3 free range eggs
4 mashed ripe bananas
100g melted butter
¼ cup full cream milk (or other if you prefer)
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ cup desiccated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Beat eggs on high for one minute
3. Add all other ingredients and mix well with a spoon
4. Line a cake tin (preferably square) with baking paper
5. Bake for 60 mins or until cake is ready (knife inserted into centre comes out clean)